Friday, February 8, 2013

Recovery Day 3

My dauber (read a couple posts back for definition) is at a 4 out of 5. I'm filled with gratitude for everyone who is on this journey with me. I'll most likely be heading home today. I will miss the kind and attentive nurses here at St. John's. But, I'll take Tom and Lark as my nurses any day!

Tom brought Lark and Alice to see me last night. Lark's so sweet and in tune with what's needed. She can't wait to wash my hair for me:). Alice had the biggest smile on her face the entire time she was here. I put a pillow over my chest to protect it and she just laid there beaming with happiness

The Big Reveal
Yesterday the plastic surgeon, Dr. K, removed the ace bandage around my chest to check everything out. I didn't find it horrible or even sad. Rather it's a permanent reminder to love life and to be present. I'm sure there will be days where I'll be bummed about it, but for now I'm just grateful for life.

Other Visitors
In addition to Lark and Alice visiting me, my sister, Kristy, came with her husband, Brad, and my nieces, Maxine (7) and June (3), and nephew, Hyde (5). They were all so darn cute and asked some great questions about breast cancer. Just before they left, Hyde asked if he could see my chest. He's such an inquisitive little guy! I told him that maybe someday I'll show him what it looks like. He also insisted that I needed a balloon:). Thanks for visiting me!

My mom, dad and aunt Charlotte were also here. Thank you! It was so nice to catch up with Charlotte.

My mom's here with coffee, so I'm signing off.

With gratitude,
Lisa











4 comments:

  1. What beautiful ladies! Lisa, it is so good to see your smiling face. You all continue to be in our prayers. Sending mighty mojo your way! xoxo Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and great news all around! I so grateful you are feeling well enough to keep us all in the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you are a 4 out of 5! I'll be dropping off soup on Sunday, so maybe I can sneak in and share a laugh or two, as we always do. So grateful for your successful surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey beautiful one!

    You knock us out with your grace and beauty, Lisa. Glad to hear the high Dauber and no cancer, we love you at any number. Made soup today for you, see Traci has you covered for now. Will get it over there.
    xoxxoxo DE and BW

    ReplyDelete