Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cancer Free! Yay

Our prayers have been answered. The cancer had not spread from the breast. Yay!

Last night was rough. I cried until I felt empty inside. You know that dull ache you get in your heart when it feels like it's broken. That's how I felt. It was good to let some of that grief be washed away.

Today was, in a word, beautiful. Tom, my dad and mom and sister, Kristy we're here to support us. The surgeons and nurses couldn't have been more supportive. The lovely ladies in the St. John's mammography center were shocked and saddened to see me on the surgery list. They were so loving and reassuring that it brought tears to my eyes. My two surgeons, Dr Ogren, who preformed that mastectomy, and Dr. K, plastic surgeon, we're also wonderfully supportive, patient and kind. They took the time needed to answer our questions and just checkin to see how we were doing. The nursing staff caring for me this evening are beautiful souls as well.

Who says angels don't walk among us?

In addition to having mom, dad, Kristy and Tom here, my Larky Lou paid me a visit and helped me walk the halls. I love you, Lark! I love you, too, Moss Alice!

Okay, nodding off e every couple words is making this hard to finish! I'm going finish this quickly...the surgery went off without a hitch. They feel confident they got all of the cancer. I'm pretty darn sore.

I'm beaming love, light and joy to all from my hospital room . Thank you for your continued prayers and support.

A note to my awesome husband, Tom Pinney: You, my love, are one of the most courageous and compassionate people I know. I'm so excited for our many adventures in life.

Please forgive typos - they're Percocet induced!

Love,
Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Sent prayers today to you Lisa. You are a bright shiny one amid challenges you find the love and light. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the BOMB! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that YOU wrote the blog last night. I thought you'd
    be down for the count for a day or so. That's where
    clean living will get you, I guess!
    All of Burlington let out a collective sigh of relief after
    Tom sent out your good news yesterday.
    Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO happy to see this news on such a gray and cloudy morning! It feels like a dose of sunshine. Enjoy your percocet and speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear the happy news. You are an amazing woman to have such a positive attitude in all this.I feel blessed to be counted as one who has the privilege to pray for you and be see how God answers. We will continue to pray for a quick and complete recovery. be well and know that you are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been having a rough day today and it has all completely washed away. I could not be more happy, joyous, relieved, & overjoyed! Heal quickly, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Happy to hear the news. I have been thinking about you. Lots of love to you and your family, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete