This was published today by WhiteEagle Sterling, a peace advocate.
To the Boston Bomber/s:
I suppose you are celebrating tonight, a few hours after you set the bombs off in Boston … after shattering so many precious lives … after trying to bring a nation to its knees. We weep for the lost, for the families of the lost, but still … you failed on that last account. Humanity is always stronger than the hatred you and others like you harbor. You have killed, yes. But you have also raised the spirit of our nation. Most of us will not succumb to the fear you are hoping for. We are bigger than your anger.
Tonight I pray for you alongside those who were your victims.
What you seem to not understand is that there is no room here in our world for you … for others like you, who perpetrate such violent actions. Most of we humans have grown past the arcane ideas you have been taught about what is right and wrong. Most of us know all life is precious, even yours. War is obsolete. We are finding our voices, and our actions are changing our world. ‘We’ are not just Americans, but humans from all across the globe and many countries who know violence is no longer the answer. We are growing stronger and more active, and ‘you’ and others like you, are not.
We will find a way to humanely stop the last vestiges of the warmongers like you on this earth, or those who cleave to such primal and outdated ways of using their power. Together we will find a way … do not doubt it. Today you simply assured that we would do so.
You seem to think what you did was an act of courage. I say it is an act of cowardice. You seem to think some cause or idea is worth murdering others for. You clearly do not know that you are now in hell, and will stay there until you realize the depth of your deprivation. I am sad for you … for that precious spirit buried deep inside of you that was so perfect when you came into this life as a babe.
I just want to tell you I will pray for your awakening. Your humanity is not gone completely. It never is, no matter what you have done. The human Spirit can always beat out the fear, the isolation, and the judgment that your act of unimaginable violence is made of. All life is precious, and you have risked your humanity in the taking of other’s lives. Perhaps you understand this. Probably you don’t.
I will pray for you, along side those who were your victims.
I am sorry for whatever hurt you have suffered that has made you so sick as to think the answer is to murder innocent women, children, men. I truly am. You did make your choice, however. A human can experience amazing hardships, and never make a choice as heinous as the one you made today. There are no excuses for your actions. I am sure there are reasons in your mind that you feel impelled your actions today. I guarantee you they are invalid. They seem valid to you because you are un-awakened. I am sad for you, and by you.
So …
I will pray for you, along side of those who were your victims.
You do not stand a chance against my prayer, Our prayer ….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love you Lisa! You have a way with words and I love reading your posts. I have been struggling with what happened yesterday. I ran Boston in 2005 and it was an incredible experience. I am angry that someone took that away from so many people.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, we also had a potty party for Marie. It is a pretty exciting thing!
Hey Emmi! I was all cancered out for awhile so I'm just reading your post now. I actually thought of you when this happened both because I thought I remembered you running the marathon and because we just visited you last year in Boston. And what a crazy story that's unfolded over the past month. Yikes!
DeleteYay for potty parties! We've digressed a bit in the pooping department. Alice will now poop in her underpants and proceed to change her own underwear! She's sooooooo stubborn!